This is a long one folks, but please read!
There will be changes to the U-Pick process this year. We will be following CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19, and to keep you, our staff, and the community safe.
Here are a few of the regulations that are in effect and that we request all to follow:
- Bring your own container: So far we are entertaining the ability of customers to use their own containers. Customers will place their container on a scale and the weight will be taped on it. Customers remove their own container, pick, and return for the weight of fruit.
- Hand washing stations and hand sanitizer will be available. North Star staff will have a documented hand washing and hand sanitizing schedule.
- One customer at a time: To ensure social distancing, we ask that only one customer or family representative check out at a time. We will move folks along as best we can, please be patient!
- Cash is no longer king: We will accept credit and debit cards this year along with personal checks. Its is best not to handle cash, but if this is your only way of payment it will be accepted.
- Parking: Parking and traffic may be more of a challenge this year and we will have to be patient as people enter/exit.
- Public health responsibility: All North Star staff will complete a documented daily health screening.
- Furry friends: Sorry, but no pets allowed this year.
- Updates: We will post new guidelines as we are notified of them!
With all these changes, we’re confident that everyone can still enjoy the experience picking your own organic cherries!
We are so grateful for all of you and your loyal support through the years.
Thank you for helping us stay open during this time.
We hope to keep this essential service of healthy, fresh produce available to the community.